Karachi: The ARY Digital Network will be playing host to the much awaited and highly anticipated event, The ARY Film Festival (AFF) a unique event that not only promotes filmmakers in Pakistan but introduces talent from different parts of the world to this region.
The ARY Film Festival (AFF) will officially commence following a press conference on the 3 May. Screening of selected entries will begin from the 4 May and will continue till 6 May at Cinepax, Ocean Mall, Karachi.
During the course of the festival seminar and panel discussions will also be held, highlighting the factors affecting the success of films and cinema in Pakistan. The festival will be concluded with a grand event featuring musical performances and award ceremony for winning entries.
The official jury for the festival includes:
– Anwar Maqsood – veteran actor, writer and artist
– Marilyn Agrelo – U.S. based filmmaker and actress
– Jonn Gan – Former head of DC Shorts now current Director of Programming at the Film Festival Alliance USA
– Andy Merkin – Head of Special Projects and Transmedia at Mirada Studios USA
– Jack McDonald – Emmy Award-winning director and writer for NatGeo and Discovery Channel Documentaries
– Sharmeen Obaid Chinnoy – Two-time Oscar Winner
– Amina Khan – Director
– Ram Kishore Parcha – Festival Director, Delhi International Film Festival
The duties of Festival Ambassador will be performed by renowned TV actor/host Faysal Qureshi.
Over 30 films will be screened during the festival based on a wide array of topics, under the categories of:
– Feature Films
– Short Films
– Documentary Feature Films
– Documentary Short Films
The Presenting Sponsor for the festival is Italiano and is powered by Hamdard – Rooh Afza. HBO is the official movie channel for the festival.
Among the numerous film screenings during the festival, some of the special screenings include ‘Mah-e-Mir’ by Director Anjum Shahzad, Sharmeen Obaid Chinnoy’s ‘Song of Lahore’, ‘Liyari Notes’ by Docu-Director Maheen Zia, ‘Choora Ek Paratha’ by Director Ravindra Singh Rajawat (winner for best director and actress at Delhi International Film Festival) and ‘Main Aur Amrita’ by director Sumit Mishra (short film from Delhi International Film Festival).
Tickets for the screenings will be available at the following venues in Karachi, Szabist University, Greenwich University, Iqra University, Ocean Mall and at Cinepax Cinema at Ocean Mall.
FM 107 and FM 91 are onboard as radio partners.
Disclaimer: The articles in the ‘Pressers’ category are Press Releases by PR agencies, companies etc. The content has been edited by ‘Annam Lodhi’ to suit her blog but are not authored by her.